Skin Cancer Surgical Audit
Sonic Healthcare has created an independent, Australia-wide Skin Cancer Surgical Audit to encourage ongoing refinement diagnosis, detection and collection of skin lesions.
With more than 4,000 participants, the audit is designed to improve the quality of patient care and outcomes, and general practitioners are provided with statistically relevant feedback about their own clinical practice and peer-comparisons.
Enrolment is available to any practitioner who refers skin lesions to any Sonic Healthcare pathology practice.
Personalised surgical audit request forms must be used. These forms are compatible with all commonly used practice management systems (PMS) in A4 format.
Continuing professional development
RACGP 25 hours/ACRRM 18 hours
To complete the audit and qualify for the total allocation of RACGP or ACRRM CPD hours available in the calendar year, you will need to:
- Participate in two consecutive intervals
- Review interval reports
– Delivered online and accessible any time
– Clinically relevant content based on a needs assessment guided by GPs, with measurable learning outcomes
– No minimum number of referrals required; patients included should be representative of your clinical practice
– Integrated Skin Cancer Audit and Research Database (SCARD) data transfer available for skin lesions
– Comprehensive reporting
- Outcomes presented in graphs and tables for easy interpretation
- Episode summaries can be generated at any time
- Interval reports provide statistical outcomes compared to your peers and the wider GP cohort
- A summative report following the completion of two consecutive intervals
Register to participate
Sign up online or download and submit a registration form to your local Sonic Healthcare pathology practice.
Record clinical data for each case using the surgical audit request forms. Your clinical
assessment is central to the reported outcomes.
Receive your reports
An audit report will be generated at the end of each interval for you to download and review.
Reflect on your learning outcomes
Complete an online evaluation to reflect on your learning outcomes and provide feedback on the audit program.